Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Kitchen, Clutter & Closing...

Here we go again, Skip...you don't seem to understand.  I hired you to sell my house not reorganize my kitchen! 

When you hired me, you hired me to get you to the closing table. 

Yes, yes I know.  I want you to sell my house, but what in the world does my refrigerator magnets have to do with it? 

When a buyer enters a home, they want a clean canvas to work from.  They really do not care that little Billy is good at coloring.  So, keep in mind that big white box in your kitchen is a huge part of how much the buyers are going to like your kitchen...CLEAN it off!  You also need to clear your kitchen counters.  You know the spice rack you got when you moved in...and still, to this day, the spices have the wrappers on them!  Buyers want to have a large amount of counter space.  If your toaster, coffee maker, bread machine, spice rack, and three months of bills are on the counters, they won't be able to see how much space they will have to prepare the Christmas dinner in their beautiful, new house this year.  Clean...clean...clean.  Make it spotless.  Who wants to buy a house that has a dirty kitchen? 

If you have priced your home correctly, you should only have to keep it spotless for a short period of time...We will talk price in a later post! 

One more thought...Go ahead and pack.  You know you are moving right, so if you are not going to use it, then go ahead and pack it.  This will allow the buyers to see the true potential of the space.  Always keep in mind the fact that you only have a few seconds to woo the buyers...use the time well!

Grace & Peace...

Skip Geiser
 www.SkipGeiser.com
        SkipGeiser@live.com   



   

No comments:

Post a Comment