Thursday, August 18, 2011

Pastors & Realtors....

My Pastor and I were talking one day, and he made a statement like, "Pastors are people who get paid to give advice, and then have the same people ignore that advice."  I really think people want to know what you think...unless what you say doesn't agree with what they already think.  I have found over the years, as I sit toe to toe with some sellers, they will ask what I think on price, location, or maybe the position of some piece of furniture, and yet they really don't intend to let what I say impact what they are going to do.
  Lets just say I am building a shed, and I find I need a little advice on how to make sure it is square. I decide to go talk to a good friend who had been a contractor for years, and has more than enough skills to build a shed, and ask what I should do...you would say that is a great plan. Now I go back to building my shed and ignore everything he said.

   Go ahead and say it...you big dummy.  You're a Realtor--he is a builder and knows what he is talking about you should follow his advice!  You're right.  I should, and if you are selling your home and have an opportunity, you should listen to what your Realtor has to say with an open mind.  Remember, you are paying him to sell your largest assest for the most amount of money in the shortest amount of time!

Grace and Peace...
(850)221 -6442  
 

No comments:

Post a Comment