Wednesday, August 10, 2011

I Hate Real Estate Agents....Are You Sure?

A large portion of the clients I deal with, that have had their home expire, think all Realtors are the same.  I usually lead off with a quick question after that.  "Have you ever eaten at McDonalds?"  "Well...yes." is usually their reply, "Why do you ask?"  Have you ever been less than pleased with some of your service or food during one of your trips there?  Usually the answer is answered with the rolling eyed..."YES!"  Have you eaten at a McDonalds since the less-than-pleasing experience?  "Well, yes" is the answer.  WHY?  I would think you would say, "I hate McDonalds!"  Listen, most of the stores are owned by different people or companies, and are run by different managers and staffed by different employees trained by different people.  This results in some good experiences and some not as good.  Ok, Skip, what in the world does this have to do with why I hate Realtors?  Every Realtor is not created equally--we all work differently.  Some of us are full time (no other jobs on the side) some are part time, some don't work in the evenings or on the weekends, some work 24/7, some are not up on technology, some love the next best thing, some Realtors love helping people, some have the love of money.  All of these factors will result in a totally different experience.  Trust me when I say there are huge differences in the agents you use.

Why all the fuss about one agent over another?  Your home is usually your largest assest...that is why all the fuss!  I hold dear the fact that you in trust me with your largest, or one of your largest, assets; and I take it seriously as all great agents do.  I also take a large amount of pride in my profession...yes, I said it.  I do take this as a profession.  I also do know that not every agent does, so remember...choose wisely.  We're not all the same....Happy selling.

Grace and Peace....

850-221-6442

No comments:

Post a Comment