Tuesday, August 21, 2012

My top five if I were choosing an agent too list my home!

"Skip, I interviewed two agents and one said they have been a Real Estate agent for 10 years and the other said 8 years. Should I choose the one with more years in the business?" Great question! The answer is, maybe.
 
"Skip, what do you mean maybe? This is the biggest investment I own...I need your help here!"

Well...you generally judge a tree by it's fruit, right? So, I would ask a couple more questions.

1. How many homes have both agents SOLD in the last three years?
2. Are both agents FULL time?
3. Do the agents have an assistant?
4. Are they well respected with their clients?
5. Do the other homes they have listed look well-represented?

I would start with how many homes they have sold in the last three years, and then divide that into three. This should give you a good number to compare the two agents with. Another great question is are you full time or part time? You want the agent who is going to be able to devote full attention to getting your home sold, not dividing their time between real estate and their other job or responsibilities/hobbies. Along that same line, which agent has an assistant? This matters because it allows your agent to get out there and push your listing to other agents and possible buyers. You may want to get a couple of references to make sure your agent is well-respected with their other clients. Last but not least, go take a look at the other homes they have listed online and see which agent has the best presentation online. Hey, that would be my top five if I were choosing an agent to list my home!


Grace & Peace...




Skip Geiser
(850) 221-6442
http://www.skipgeiser.com/
The Geiser Team with Main Street Property

No comments:

Post a Comment