Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Listing vs. Selling in 2012!

"Skip, how do I go from having my home listed to getting it sold in 2012?" Wow, am I glad you asked!  I have been working with clients that have been ON the market in the past, but not IN the market. "Wait, Skip, what is the difference between on and in the market?" Being on the market is easy and painless, but being in the market is usually a bit more difficult and painful.  A few years ago, I could look at your homes' value and let you to build in a $5,000 to $10,000 buffer, then expect a buyer to come in and make an offer. Not today...today we have to determine your home's value and put your price right on that value, or maybe just below the true value.  Ouch! I know.  I know this is what you are saying right now, "I am NOT going to give my house away."  or  "I need to get X dollars out of my house".  Well, let's look at it this way...say 3 years ago you bought stock at $103 dollars a share, but today on the open market it is worth $93 dollars a share.  What price do you think someone will pay you for your stock?   $93 right?  But wait, if you say to your stock broker, "Man I really need $105 a share." or "I am NOT going to give it away."  What is he going to say?   The Stock is worth what the open market will pay, just as your home is also worth what it will fetch on the open market today.  "So, Skip, what can I do to get my home sold?"  Well, I hope your sitting down...here it is in a nut shell....PRICE it so it will sell!
"Ouch, Skip, you're hurting me."  Yes, I know it hurts, but you did want me to tell you the truth, and you do want your home to sell, don't you?  Listen, I could candy coat it here, but that would just lead you down a path that would have your home ON the market in 2013, and that is not what you or I want.  I could give you a long list of things like paint the front door, or pressure wash the driveway, but if we don't get the price right, all the other factors will never get the attention of the buyer that went to see another home that was priced right. 

Grace and Peace...

Skip Geiser
(850) 221-6442
www.SkipGeiser.com
SkipGeiser@live.com
The Geiser Team with Main Street Properties
                

No comments:

Post a Comment