Thursday, December 15, 2011

Buying our first home.....scary or an exciting new step?

 
   "Skip, I am looking to buy our first home but I just don't know how this process works...Can you Help?"  Wow, I am glad you asked!  When you have a buyer's agent working for YOU, what you get is a partner that is going to look out for your best interests.  "But, Skip, I don't think I can afford to pay you to help me...I mean, I am on a budget, and I want to get the most bang for my buck!"  I agree, and that is why you need to have a full-time Realtor working just for you...so you can get the most house for your money.  I mean do you want to look at foreclosures, short sales or typical owner-occupied homes?  Does your mortgage allow you to get a home that may need repairs, and which repairs?  What if you qualify for a reduced rate on your mortgage, and which homes will qualify for these programs?  You see, you as the buyer you do not pay the agent...the seller is typically responsible for that fee.  So, as a buyer, you are leaving money on the table, so to speak, by not having a professional working for you.  "But what about the for-sale-by-owners, will I be missing out on them?"  No,  if you have a buyer's agreement with your agent, you get all the homes on the market.  Plus, how do you know if you are you are getting a good deal when working with a for-sale-by-owner?  I, as your agent, can help make sure you are protected.  As a Realtor, I took an oath to hold my clients' best interest above my own, and I believe we, as Realtors, offer a very valuable service...This is most likely the largest asset you will own in your lifetime, GET SOME HELP!  Think about it.  I don't cost you anything, and have the potential of saving you thousands of dollars. How much are you willing to lose?

Grace & Peace...

Skip Geiser
(850) 221-6442
www.SkipGeiser.com
The Geiser Team with Main Street Properties 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment