Monday, July 18, 2011

To video or not to video....Is that the question?

Well, let us start this off with what "is" and what "is not" really a video.  You see, a video to me says motion; so I would submit that taking a still photo and adding music then panning in and out or right to left is not a video.  Yet go on to your favorite video site and type "Homes for Sale" and the majority of the "videos" that come up will be of this type.  I think this is because it is easier to do that than take the time to produce a quality video of a home.

Next, in today's society, is it necessary for someone sitting in their living room, say in New York City, to be able to get the "feel" of your home that is for sale here in Pensacola, Florida?  I say YES!  What if they can't just jump in the car and drive over to your home to see it?  Will the still photos of your home give that person, 2,000 miles away, enough information to know how the living room opens up to the kitchen?  Or even though the square footage may be lower than other homes in the neighborhood, the way it is layed out makes it feel bigger than it really is?  I would say not.

I will leave you with this.  Some of the home sites also give a higher ranking to the listings with a video...albeit they don't care if it is the still photo type or actual video type.

Take a look at one of my videos and let me know what you think....or
check out The Geiser Team's You Tube Page

Grace and Peace....    

No comments:

Post a Comment